Where do I apply for a marriage license?

You apply with the County Clerk in the county you live in and can get married anywhere in the state of Michigan. If the two parties getting married live in different counties, you can apply in either. If both parties live outside of Michigan and are getting married in Michigan, you can apply in the county you are getting married. Please allow enough time to obtain the license for there is a 3-day waiting period. License is valid for 30 days after the 3-day waiting period.

Show All Answers

1. How much is it to file for divorce?
2. I have started a divorce and I want to enter a reconcile. How long is that good for?
3. How much is it for a notary? Where do I get this service?
4. How much is it for a birth certificate?
5. Where do I get a passport?
6. I need to file a motion; how much is it and where do I file it at?
7. I need to pay my taxes where do I go?
8. Where do I pay my fines for a circuit court felony case?
9. Where do I pay my fines for a misdemeanor or civil infraction?
10. Where do I go to apply for a name change?
11. Where do I go with my paperwork for a will?
12. How much is it for a concealed weapons permit?
13. How do I get a certified copy of birth, death, or marriage license if I don’t come into the Clerk’s office?
14. Where do I apply for a marriage license?
15. I received a jury questionnaire. What do I do?
16. How do I become a notary?
17. Where do I get an Absentee Ballot?