Am I eligible for VA benefits?

If you're serving on active duty in the United States uniformed services, including active National Guard and Reserve with federal pay, you may be eligible for VA benefits both during service and after separation or retirement. If you're a traditional or technical member of the National Guard and Reserve, you may also be eligible for some VA benefits. Find out which benefits you may qualify for by scheduling a Benefits Review appointment with the Gratiot County Department of Veterans Affairs and review the Veterans VA Benefits Checklist (PDF) for documents needed to file a claim.

Show All Answers

1. Am I eligible for VA benefits?
2. I am the spouse of a Veteran who recently passed away. Do I qualify for any VA benefits?
3. I can’t locate my DD-214 Discharge/Report of Separation. Can I get a replacement?
4. Is there any emergency assistance or resources available for veterans?
5. I served with the Michigan National Guard. Do I qualify for VA benefits?
6. I am a Veteran and need medical care. Will the VA help me?
7. Does my private medical insurance or Medicare disqualify me from using the VA hospital in Saginaw?
8. I heard I can go to my own doctor and the VA will pay for it. How do I enroll?
9. How do I get a Veteran’s Identification Card (VIC) for store discounts?