What if I don’t have all the money right now?

Help is available in many circumstances. Any delay will cost you more. If you can’t pay your taxes all at one, you can make partial payments.  When making payments, use a check or money order and remember to:

  1. Make payable to the Gratiot County Treasurer.
  2. Write your parcel number on it.
  3. Mail it to 214 E. Center St, Ithaca MI 48847

If you can’t pay your taxes, contact the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services at 517-887-9400 or visit them at 5303 S. Cedar St, Lansing for possible financial assistance.

Show All Answers

1. If I don’t pay my taxes, will I really lose my house?
2. What is a delinquent tax?
3. What happens after the property is forwarded to the county treasurer for collection?
4. What does it mean for my property to be in in Forfeiture?
5. What happens after my property is in forfeiture?
6. What is foreclosure?
7. Can I get my property back if it is foreclosed?
8. Will I receive any notice before my property is foreclosed?
9. I don’t have to worry about losing my property yet. Why not wait and pay my taxes later?
10. What if I don’t have all the money right now?